Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rafting in the dark.....




Friday night, Cortney,Colton, Rich and I, went up to Silver Lake and went rafting. It was almost completely dark by the time we got on the lake. Usually I would discourage any such behaviour in the mountains at dark, but we had flashlights and there was a board walk trail from the parking lot and all around the lake, so you would have to be pretty dumb to wander off! So Cort and I were in one boat and Rich and Colt were in another. The boys totally ditched us even though there were bats flying around, not to mention it was pitch black outside! We finally caught up to the boys and we hooked the boats together. The guys were using the flashlights and looking in the water, but Cort and I were nervous the whole time so we opted to not to that! (I was especially nervous since a BAT flew next to my ear!) When we were leaving, Cortney and I quickly got out of the boats and went on our way, while the boys got the boats ready to go. Every few steps we would get really nervous (about bears) hold on to each other and run! It was fun!

Saturday Alisha called me, and asked me to go shopping with her and to go see Made of Honor. We had fun choosing a dress for her and went to a lot of stores. We hung out again on sunday with H & A and played Settler's of Cataan. I love game nights!

Monday night we had a family dinner at Copperton Park. We played tennis, soccer, and ultimate Frisbee, and then played on the play ground a little.

Yesterday I went over to Liz's house to visit. She made me cookies while I played with her cute kids. Then we walked over to her friends house, (to borrow some sugar) and had fun chatting with her! We had some cookies and lunch when we got back to her house (she made some yummy burritos). I had so much fun catching up! Thanks Liz!
(sorry this post was so late!)

3 comments:

Yo said...

Well I love the idea of rafting in the dark but I would get scared too! Haha! :)

Anonymous said...

I am just so sorry that took me so long to get those to you! That night was scary but looking back on it...it was fun but heck every time with you guys is a blast! We need to chill soon...my time in West Jordan in almost over :(
Love Ya!
Cort

Sherrie said...

Always knew Rich and I have something in common...let him know I have a good doc to help with the bladder thing