This is going to be a really long post.... ready, set, go!
Wednesday night it was Rich's mom, Debbie's birthday, so we had a little family party. At around 7:30 Colton text Rich and asked if we could come over around 8. So we left a little early and went to Cortney's house. Before we left though Rich gave me one of the best birthday presents I have ever received! It was this picture frame with a few pictures of us, and then scattered between pictures, were all the ticket stubs of movies we have been to, including the first movie we saw! I loved it so much!
At Cortney's house, Cort and Colt suprised me with the Taylor Swift CD, and a gift card to Target, and best of all an awesome homemade card! It made me laugh so much! After that we went to get dinner at wendy's and back to Cort's. We watched Enchanted, (Colts punishment for losing a bet with Cort) and enevitably Richard fell asleep, as Cort and I sang and Colton looked like he was in hell. We left and went home to our seperate homes, or so I thought. Rich, Cortney, and Colton came to my house, waited an hour for me to turn off my bedroom light, and then chalked my sidewalks! I came out to many "happy birthday"s and "we love you"s. It was awesome and I love them to death!!
So July 3rd, 2008, I spent my birthday working for most of the day, which was fine in the beginning, but then I got really sick to my stomach. So I was incredibly ready to leave when my friend Krisha was willing to take my shift at five. Well we went to Rich's house right after I got off, and while he showered I snoozed on his bed with Gracie (well until his little brother woke me up and took her from me!) When Rich got out we got ready to go bowling for 50's night with Sherrie and James. We got to their house and walked in the door. The first thing I noticed was my poodle skirt (except with cherries) that my mom and Sherrie made. As I was looking at my skirt, I hear a big "SURPRISE!" and turned around to see my brothers and sisters, neices and nephews, and my mom and dad, all dressed in 50's attire! I was so excited! My first thought was "You're all coming bowling?!" and then it dawned on me the decorated house. So for my first surprise party, we had shakes, root beer floats, fries, burgers and hot dogs! It was so much fun! Everyone just kinda goofed around, played Croquet, and ate. Through out the night I learned what it took to make this party so great! All the boys weren't allowed to cut their hair for a month, so they could do it properly! The girls made their poodle skirts, and Sherrie borrowed all these old records from her friend, and hung them on the walls! After awhile we smashed open a pinata. (of an old record) This was the best birthday I have had yet! Thanks to all who made it so wonderful! (especially Rich and Sherrie!)


INDEPENDANCE DAY, we woke up early and went to the parade with Rich's family. It was fun to see all the people in the parade, and looked for people we knew. After the parade we went to Brent's parent's house for some swimming and food! It was alot of fun! Afterwords we played games at Claire and Brents for a bit. Rich and I needed to leave to go to his uncle Derek's house. We had some chips and salsa, and went swimming for about an hour and a half in their pool! We always have a great time with Rich's cousins, Uncle Derek, and Grandma Jolene! Later we watched the fireworks, and went home for some much needed sleep!!
Saturday Rich and I were invited by Chris (derek's son), and his girlfriend Holly, to go on wave runners with Holly's family. I had never been so I was alittle nervous. Holy cow, though! It was so much fun!! Holly's family was so nice and let us go on them several times! Holly and I rode on the tube together, and for some reason Holly always got thrown out! It was hilarious because I always ended up in the bottom of the tube!? We had a great time with them!

6 comments:
I'm glad you had a nice time, I love that pic of you. You look like a freak, we need the one with the pinata on your head.
Wow for being so dark and late at night I have pretty dang good hand writing! haha! That night was so fun! Especially when we were just chillin on the side of your house waiting for you to go to bed and it was taking 4ever! lol! Your fam and Rich is adorable! The party looks so fun! I hope you had a great birthday it sounds like you did!
Love Ya!
Cort
when was it your birthday?? you never told me Rose!! you are in big trouble!! haha... it sounds like you had a fun birthday though.
How fun!! Your family is way cool to all dress up (mine would never do that) Love the skirt! Happy 18th!
Oh, what a sweet guy you have. :-) I'm glad you had a happy b-day. I can't believe you're all grown up. ;-) BTW, you've been tagged. Look at my blog to see what that means.
Happy Birthday Rose! That is so cool that your family surprised you like that. I'll bet the party was a blast. :-)
Post a Comment