Friday, June 27, 2008

The Summit

Tonight Rich and I started the weekend off by going to the first of many activities at the Summit. The Summit is a group of activities, service projects, and parties put on for the Young Adults. It was state wide, and it involved over 50 stakes! Tonight was a BBQ, games and then a Jericho Road concert. Rich and I didn't really care about the concert, so we went to Sherrie's after dinner.

James has been wanting to shake up our happy little bubble of killer bunnies, so tonight we appeased him and we played Ticket to Ride. Rich's aunt introduced him and me to this game, and we have been addicted ever since. (not quite as much as killer bunnies though!) We then brought it into my family, and (except Sherrie who I think still favors KB) it's everybody else's new favorite game. Henning and Alisha gave it to Rich and I for graduation, which we loved! Then Claire and Brent just bought it (they are in Seattle Wash.) I think Sherrie and James are buying it soon, and Henning and Alisha rented it from this place they found and where they bought mine. We are all game crazy! (Katherine just learned how to play killer bunnies so she is obsessed with playing that at the moment, and its funny because Spence calls it the Dead Bunny game with the queen) So back to tonight. We watched Just Friends, and pigged out on popcicles and "special Kool-aid", and play both games!

On a more serious note, I have to say, I am so grateful for my brothers and sisters. They are my very best friends, they are great examples to me, and give a never ending supply of love to both Rich and me. I don't know what I would do without them and all their "free advice" :) I love being older now (even though I am still and always will be way younger than them!) because we can have fun nights like this, and not only that, but I ALWAYS have someone to talk to, and I love them very much!

P.s. Sorry about the lack of picures. I haven't done them for awhile because of my stupid windows vista, and I actually meant to tonight, but I forgot!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Kb is better...but I've never been the risk kind of girl and TTR reminds me of that. You know we're always happy to have you over and not just for baby sitting anymore! E-mail me the pics and I'll help upload them.

Colette said...

Sounds like fun!!