Friday, May 2, 2008

When All Else Fails Sing!

So I volunteered to babysit tonight for Sherrie since she was so kind and helped me with me homework, and it has been uh... fun. In all fairness to Ben he was having a hard night. So it starts off with Ben not getting sleepy with his sleeping meds like he usually does, which proves harder than I expected. I did EXACTLY what Sherrie told me to do after his show was over and so far so good. I take him upstairs give him kisses and hugs, say good nights and shut the door. (usually this is what I do when I babysit him, and have to put him to bed.) That's when it all started. I hear Ben throwing a tantrum, and I thought ah give him a couple minutes and he will be ready for sleep. (mind you, he had already been dancing to the wiggles all night, any 5 year old would be ready for bed and normally Ben would too, but of course I am babysitting so I jinxed myself.) So ten minutes go by and no stopping the tantrum. I went upstairs and started scratching his tummy, one of his favorite things I do to relax him, not this time. I tried to leave again and he would not have it. After a few other things, that also usually work, I finally started to sing to him. I haven't done that a lot with Ben while babysitting because it hasn't worked like it has for Joseph, but I tried anyway. Of course it worked. I am having someone crappy luck today, but I have to say that was a stroke of genius. When all else fails sing!

No comments: