Sunday started out like any other sunday, but during out meetings I found out some bad news about one of my best friends. (won't say who because not sure how she would feel about it) Her ex boyfriend (they broke up so he could go on his mish) had passed away in a car accident. I went over to her house, and tried my best to help her, but there was nothing I could really do. I have never felt so helpless. This morning I was talking to my good friend Maci, and we were discussing death. I think it's amazing that no matter how many times death touches your life, you never become immune to it. Last night it wasn't even my loved one who left us, but seeing my friend like that made yesterday one of the worst days of my life. It made me physically ill for her. She was so strong, and She kept apologizing for ruining my day. I told her this and I wholeheartedly believe it. I said that heavenly father sends us friends in life because we aren't meant to go at this test alone. Our best friend can be our Heavenly Father if we let him. I am so sorry for her loss, but if she could see how well she is handling it, she would be amazed. She never ceases to amaze me and I am so grateful to be a friend to someone I look up to so much! I think that it's so important to keep a good attitude through these trials. They can make or break us, and as hard as it is, we can use the opportunity to strengthen our testimonies.
Anyways, I don't often do posts this serious, but as hard as yesterday was, I wanted to make sure I learned from it.
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago

4 comments:
i love you too. so much. thank you. you will never know what a blessing you were to me yesterday. i love you rose.
That helpless feeling is part of the package I'm afraid. I've experienced this more than I would have liked to over the years.
Andrea: Here's a blog you should read, go back to the middle of June and work your way forward, this woman has enough faith to carry so many.
http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/
Very well put Rose....
In one of the Saturday morning conference talks someone said that "Faith isn't just a belief its a choice" You girls amaze me, Your so strong and have amazing faith. The Lord only gives us trials so that we can grow and he never gives us anything that we can't handle.
Post a Comment