This weekend was awesome! We started off the weekend by going to the Martina McBride concert for my birthday! (Thanks Rich!) It was my first real concert and I loved it! She has been my favorite country singer since I was thirteen so it was fun. As soon as she said goodnight, Rich and I rushed to the truck so we could go stand in line for Breaking Dawn with Sherrie.
It turned out Sherrie wasn't going to come down until 12:30, so we went to visit Colette and Kyle. Rich and Kyle watched shark week, while Colette and I blog surfed. We decided to go look at a few stores to see what the lines were like. Walmart had alot, then we looked at B&N and there were over 1000 people waiting in line!! So we decided to try another, less busy Walmart, where we walked right up and got our books without any line! It was great! So we were out of there by 12:15 and I bought Sherrie's book for her so we didn't have to go wait somewhere else. I read from about 1:15 to 5:00 am, and decided I needed to go to bed.
An hour and a half later I had to wake up. Yep 1 1/2 hours of sleep. (If you know me, you know that is just begging for me to puke) It was Rich's family reunion for his dad's side. So I got some caffeine and ETTE. It was alot of fun. We got to visit alot, and I got to meet a few new people. When I got home again I read. (adrenaline rush?) Colette asked if I wanted to take a little brake and come shopping with her. We went to a couple of home deco stores. (thanks for saving me from the insanity!) Went home, and read. I did take a half hour nap with J-man though, so after that I was going on 2 hours of sleep.
Rich came over after shopping all afternoon with his dad for a car. We finally got one!! He got another ford focus, which we weren't looking for, but it was a huge blessing! We literally have not been able to afford hardly anything, and it has been really hard, but we were incredibly blessed to find this car, and get out of the truck. (and a nice little bonus from the dealership: a $250 gas card!) Later on, we went over to Henning and Alisha's and watched Dan in Real Life.
To top off our great weekend Rich was ordained an elder today. He asked my dad to ordain him, and of corse he did. It was beautiful. The tears were coming from everybody's eyes. The spirit was so strong. I am so grateful that I was able to witness this miracle, and that's exactly what it is. When I first met Rich he wasn't active and he didn't care anything about the church. Today I was a witness at just how far he has come. He is amazing, and I am so grateful for the things he does and how strong he is. Love you babe!
Seriously!!
14 years ago

4 comments:
Oh my goodness girl! You probably could use some sleep! Oh man I love Dan In Real Life! Sweet you guys got a car! I'm so happy for you two! Hopefully you can get married soon! I'm so proud of Rusty! That's amazing and you two are so good for eachother! :)
All of that sounds incredible! Congrats Rich I am so happy for you!
love Ya!
Cort
I totally forgot about Sunday! Did everybody else come?? Sorry!
Awesome about Rich. You must feel so good- you are a good influence in his life.
Sounds like a great weekend! I bought the book but haven't even started it yet- too busy!
Post a Comment