Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cabin Fever

Rich and I went to my aunt Linda's cabin this weekend. It was kinda a last minute trip, but we had alot of fun! We planned on going for two nights, the first night at her house, and the second at the cabin. We had to leave SLC about 7, so it was pretty dark by the time we were going threw the canyon. We were between, Price and Castle Dale when we saw and almost hit 6 deer! They were just standing in the road, hanging out! Then a couple seconds after that we saw a group of about 15! Both of our stomachs dropped, and thank goodness we were almost there, because we drove so slow from there! Being in a small car, hitting a deer would have been bad news.

We chatted with Aunt Linda for a couple hours, and waited for my uncle Rick to be home from his poker night (usually home about 12). We went to bed about 12, and in the morning we found out that Rick had played till 2 am! Linda grounded him after that! ;)

We watched one of my cousin's son's play football, and shortly left for the cabin. It's about 30 minutes away, and by the time we got there I was dead tired, and I took a nap. I know I am lame! When I woke up Rich and I took a walk in the rain. Then we had dinner, ate WAY too much candy and watched a movie. Uncle Rick was tired and went to bed after the movie, wonder why? :) Linda stayed up and played KB with Rich and I. She hated it! It was so funny! She was just mad because I won! I went in the bathroom to get ready for bed, and when I came out aunt Linda was laying on her back on the ground. I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "ah just laying here." ha ha it ended up that she had tripped on one of the dog leashes, and she didn't want to get up. So she just chatted with us for awhile on the floor.

Today we taught Rich how to play Canasta. It was really fun. We lost track of time though and played from about 11 to 2. So we had to get going after that. We stopped in and chatted with my uncle Louis, and aunt Myra. Then it was like 5 by the time we left Price, so we really had to get going.

We had alot of fun hanging out with my dad's side of the family this weekend!

No comments: